Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Panel Review Day!





I am scheduled to meet with Aimee Koch and Stretch Ledford for the panel Review.
I was a student in Stretch's Business of Photography class last semester. I hated the class but though Stretch was very inspirational. He urged me to continue with photography when I was feeling like I wanted to quit. He gave me good feedback on my work as well. He also complimented a series I worked on about my Grandparents. I feel like I can trust Stretch to be honest with me, and we have a good relationship.
I also admire his work. He is very professional and has had a lot of experience. While he does more commercial work than fine art, he has fine art eye. His work is not all business. You can tell that he cares about his photographs through the lighting and the moments that he is able to catch. His work is available to view on his website.

Website: http://www.stretchphotography.com/

I am not familiar with Aimee Koch. I was a little worried when I found out that I was to meet with her on panel review day. I did some research on her and looked at some of her work, and I am actually happy that I get to meet with her.
Her baby doll series has some similarities to some of my work, especially my pictures of my Grandmother's baby video. The up close, distorted faces of the baby dolls remind me of my work. I also liked her series titled "Undressed." Her lighting is beautiful and the images are haunting. Her images are shown above.

Website: http://www.aimeekoch.com/index.htm

I also noticed that Aimee has very involved artist statements. She may be interested in a more in depth artist statement than some of the other panel members. Reviewing her work and doing some research on my panel reviewers has helped me to be better prepared for Monday.

No comments: